My Gram used to make the best white pizza. When I was in middle school I remember telling my friends about how good pizza is with no sauce. They thought I was pretty weird. Maybe they thought I was weird for other reasons too, but we’ll just name this one for now. My Gram is no longer with us, but her spirit is very much alive in me. Unfortunately, I don’t have her exact recipe, but this is my version that I think you will love!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 pizza shell (I recommend making your own crust if you have the time)
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Lawry’s Garlic Salt
- ¼ Cup of chopped fresh basil
- 5-6 whole basil leaves
- 3 tbsp. minced garlic (out of a jar is totally fine)
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 tbsp. Oregano
- 1 tbsp. butter (the real stuff, not margarine)
- 2/3 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Melt the butter and drizzle it over the pizza crust
- Drizzle the olive oil over the pizza crust so it blends with the butter
- Combine the Ricotta cheese, a ½ cup of mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup of chopped fresh basil, and minced garlic in a bowl and mix it by hand
- Spread your Ricotta cheese mixture over the crust in a thin layer
- Sprinkle garlic salt and oregano over the layer of ricotta
- Distribute the rest of your shredded Mozzarella over the crust (use more or less to your liking)
- Add the basil leaves to the top of your pizza
- Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly (ovens vary, so cook times may be more or less)
- Before serving sprinkle a little parmesan or roman cheese!
That’s it! In about 30 minutes you can have the most delicious white pizza that is faster than delivery! If you want to make a side dish for your pizza, check out my Basil Pesto Pasta recipe!