Shrimp tagliatelle with garlic butter may not be the most popular choice on the menu. In all honesty, it may never even make it to a menu anywhere. One of my favorite things to do in the kitchen is to create my own versions of pasta dishes.
Typically, I enjoy making sauces that are not tomato-based. There is something about a pesto or a butter-based sauce for pasta that just makes the dish irresistible.
Many people may not know about tagliatelle, but simply put, It is an egg noodle that is cut into longer and thinner strips than your typical egg noodle. It cooks in under 7 minutes and works perfectly with pesto and cream sauces. The tagliatelle comes in different flavors and for this dish, I used a spinach pasta.
- 1lb uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 ½ stick of butter
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- Package of tagliatelle pasta
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach
- ½ cup of shredded parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 Tbsp garlic salt
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 Tsp of Oregano or Italian seasoning
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- Use a half stick of butter and cook the shrimp over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until they are pink. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook spinach until reduced to about 1-2 cups, depending on the size of your bunch, and set aside.
- Combine chicken broth and minced garlic to a pan over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to medium and slowly add in slices of the butter, allowing for each one to melt before adding the next.
- Boil tagliatelle pasta for about 5-7 minutes until the noodles are al dente. Remove from heat and strain.
- Add the shrimp back into the pan and stir until all the shrimp are covered in the butter sauce and let cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Combine the cooked spinach, shrimp, and butter sauce in a large pasta bowl with the tagliatelle and toss so that the pasta is completely covered with the sauce.
- Add the garlic salt, red pepper, Italian seasoning, and parmesan and Romano cheeses and toss until completely covered.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This dish goes great with my Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Crostini!
One Reply to “Best Shrimp Tagliatelle with Garlic Butter”