When I was 33 years old I noticed my first wrinkles and had I not seen my high school graduation picture the previous day I don’t think I would have ever noticed them. I had my first signs of laugh lines coming from my eyes and a giant crease in the middle of my forehead. What the hell? I am only 33, should I really have wrinkles this young?
I started casually talking to my friends about them and they said that they never noticed them and they really didn’t care about if they get wrinkles or not. It doesn’t mean that I am vain by any means, I just care about having healthy skin. When I’m 65 I would love for people to say that I look really good for my age. When should you start an anti-aging routine?
Since I didn’t get a fair response of what to do about my wrinkles from my guy friends, I humbly reached out to my lady friends and asked if skincare for guys was much different for ladies. Back then, I was seriously clueless when it came to taking care of myself.
All of my lady friends said the same thing…moisturize. This was my first step in the whole anti-aging process so I picked up a bottle of face moisturizer and started using it every morning after I washed my face.
Your Morning Routine
As time went on I learned more tips and eventually, I started a morning routine that included the following products:
- Face wash – Jack Black Face Buff exfoliating face cleanser
- Moisturizer – I’ve tried several brands, but I currently use Particle Face Cream
- Serum – This is probably the second most expensive part of my morning routine, but I only use a few drops before I moisturize. A 2oz bottle of this stuff from Jack Black runs around $60, but it works amazingly!
- Eye Serum or cream – This might be the most expensive product I use at $40 for a ½ ounce of Jack Black Protein Booster Eye Rescue. Using this along with the other products has helped decrease the puffiness around my eyes.
I know it sounds like a lot of work each morning, but honestly, it only takes a couple of minutes. In addition to the morning routine, I will occasionally use a dry-erase cream. And sometimes use a couple of drops of eye serum at night before bed. I’m currently 44 years old now and have been doing my full anti-aging routine for about 5 years. I’m really happy with the results and knowing that my face is in top shape!
Although the beginnings of my anti-aging routine started about 10 years ago, it is never too early to start taking care of your face. Honestly, I would recommend starting as early as 18. This way you won’t need to reverse any signs of aging, but rather just preserve your youthful good looks!
A few more things to remember:
- Stay hydrated by drinking a gallon of water a day
- Don’t smoke and try not to drink too much alcohol too often (trust me, been there done that)
- Try to minimize your stress level and exercise at least three days a week
5 Replies to “Why You Need to Start an Anti-Aging Routine”